Tuesday, July 13, 2010

WE ARE HOME---SLAPOUT!!!!!

Hi everyone: Well, we are FINALLY Home---in right downtown Slapout! I hadn't got homesick until early last week but it went away in a couple of hours. But, today before we got to Birmingham I got it bad and it didn't go away. I thought we were crawling instead of going 60 MPH. But this afternoon around 4 p.m. we got in our (well, actually it was Troy's) driveway and I'm thrilled. Wayne seems happy to be home today. He used the 'runoff' voting as an excuse to go 'uptown' and he 'got a cup of coffee, too! A couple of hours later he came back home! Then he went 'over the farm'--checking the outside of both houses, pulling weeds around Jalen's rose and around Jalen & Jordan's trees, and dead-heading the other rose bushes and checking on everything. Me, all I did was go thru/separate the mail that has accumulated since we left.

So, as you can see, we're getting to 'normal' and this will end my blog.

We're been gone over 7 weeks, almost 5,000 miles and 20 states and I've tried to keep you up-to-date about our vacation. I hope you have enjoyed our trip half as much as we did.

Thank you for reading about our trip, for praying for us, and thinking about us.



P.S. We'll be leaving again next week (but for only about a week--to Wayne's 47th HS Class Reunion and afterwards on to Abbeville to see my folks--hopefully, they haven't moved off and didn't tell us). Then next month, we're heading out again for a couple of weeks in the mountains (Smokies, that trip). No blogging on these trips.

So, till then--- We love you, Keep in touch!!!!


Diane & Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment