Saturday, July 10, 2010

We're in MissouriI

Hi, ALL:

Finally got onto the internet! Since the last time we have been in North Dakota, South Dakota, and now Missouri.

North and South Dakota was so beautiful. Then, in Missouri, we had a wonderful couple of days with Wayne's cousin, Gerald and Patricia Goolsby along with their boys and grandkids, in Nevada, Missouri. They took us out to eat a couple of times, and we went over to their house for more visiting. Gerald has a great workshop and lots and lots of antique tools. During his nickel tour I got to see all his 'wood'--it smelled sosososo good--made me want to turn wood on my lathe. Also, he gave me a pair of hog nose ring plyers and that really pleased me; I've been looking for one for ages and I'll remember our all-to-short visit every time I use them. What will I use them for?--you ask??? They'll be perfect to bind pages to make a scrapbook (of course, what did you think? (you DIDN'T think I was going to put a ring in Wayne's] nose???(Ummmm--it is a thought!!!)

After we left Gerald and Patricia this morning, Wayne got the idea to take a 'scenic highway' just to break up driving on interstate highways. Well, he went to sleep 5 minutes off the interstate. (Francis, you know what's going to happen????) I took a wrong road onto Missouri Highway 78 WEST which is a VERY steep/curvey road. To make bad matters worse I went 24 miles down this 'wonderful' two-lane narrow road. I woke Wayne once, and he asked had I turned off and I told him "NO"---BUT in the little town of Ava, their court square had a round-about and I exited one road too soon. Finally, after 1 1/2 hours we were back in Ava again and got onto the correct highway. Beautiful country but very nerve racking drive.


But, to make a long story, well, long. We're still in Missouri--almost on the Arkansas border. Tomorrow we're heading thru Arkansas/Tennessee [hopefully] and go to Red Bay, Alabama (where our RV is made) by about Monday to pick up some Allegro RV stuff. Then, if we can't find any more 'side roads' we should be home by the end of the week.

Till we get tothe next RV park with WiFi---love and hugs to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment